Guidance and Recommendations
While the Board of Directors ultimately sets NCACC policy, it relies on the Association’s 7 Steering Committees for guidance and recommendations. Each Steering Committee has a chairperson that represents the committee on the Board of Directors. The chairperson is appointed by the NCACC President each year.
Steering Committee membership is open to all county commissioners, as well as county staff who specialize in committee-related fields. If you would like to join a Steering Committee, please complete this sign-up form and join us for a meeting.
The steering committee meeting schedule is available here.
Please contact NCACC Education Program Manager Matt Bigelow (firstname.lastname@example.org) with any questions you have related to NCACC Steering Committees.
Visit each Steering Committee's page below.
Materials from May 2020 Virtual Steering Committee Meeting
- Zoom Recording (full meeting)
- SBA & PPP Presentation (Thomas Stith)
- NCACC Legislative Update Powerpoint
- NCACC Legislative Update Report on COVID-19 Legislation
- NCACC COVID-19 Resource Page (Includes links to NC PRO & County CRF Distributions)
Presentations from January 2020 Steering Committee Meetings
- Status of Transition to Medicaid Managed Care (Debra Farrington, NC DHHS)
- Behavioral Health & Tailored Plans (NC DHHS)
- NEMT Under Managed Care (NC DHHS)
- Leandro Case Update (Melanie Dubis, Leandro Case Attorney)
- DPI Funding Structures (Alexis Schauss, NC DPI)
- County Fire Service (Kara Millonzi, UNC School of Government)
- Property Tax Exemptions (Chris McLaughlin, UNC School of Government)
- Exemptions Statistics (NC Department of Revenue)
- Office of Resiliency & Recovery Overview (Laura Hogshead & Marlena Byrne, NC ORR)
- Disaster Recovery Legislation (Mark White, NC General Assembly)
- Hemp Regulations (NC Department of Agriculture)
- Hemp & CBD Legal Issues (Phil Dixon, UNC School of Government)