Economic Development Resources
- U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics
- U.S. Census QuickFacts: North Carolina
- Department of Revenue Economic Incentives Report
- North Carolina Department of Commerce
- County Tier Designations
- 2014 County Map Book
- Governing.com State and Local Data
- Access NC: Economic Data and Site Information
- North Carolina Chamber: Vision 2030 | Dashboard 2030
- For Businesses in Your County
- North Carolina Economic Developers Association
- NCEDA Handbook
- Remaking Economic Development: The Markets and Civics of Continuous Growth and Prosperity
- Thrive in North Carolina: Economic Development Partnership of North Carolina
- North Carolina Jobs Plan 2014-2024
- Institute for Emerging Issues: Manufacturing Toolkit
- UNC: Community and Economic Development | NCGrowth | Business Networks Tool | Incentives Policy
New grant process makes application submission easier Additional Info...
Bertie County residents and community members packed the Roxobel Community Building for the presentation of a new community economic development plan, “Blueprint for Bertie.” Read on...
SL 2014-18 authorizes the N.C. Department of Commerce to enter into a contract with a nonprofit entity in order to carry out many of the Department's economic development recruiting and marketing functions for the state. Additional Info...
Public-private partnerships are still relatively new for most U.S. states, but analysts anticipate they will become more common. Additional Info...
Instead of trying to lure big companies with tax incentives, more and more places are trying to increase the number of local businesses to boost their economies. Additional Info...
- UNC School of Government blog posts on community and economic development
- UNC School of Government The Role of Local Government in Economic Development (free PDF)
- UNC School of Government Economic Development Handbook (free PDF)
- Tools for Decision Making: A Practical Guide for Local Government, Second Edition (publication, $46)