Hurricane Florence Resources
With the onset of Hurricane Florence, NCACC is here to support counties. You may visit NCACC’s disaster preparedness page for updates and links to various resources, including this page (which will be updated as information is received). Counties are welcome to share any of this content on your county website or social media platform.
Those with iPhone and Android phones are encouraged to download ReadyNC, the free mobile App, developed by NC Department of Public Safety and NC Emergency Management. It is an all-in-one tool that provides real-time traffic, weather conditions, and information on stream and river flooding, power outages, and evacuations.
2-1-1 Call Line Open 24/7 for People in Need of Help
The statewide information line can provide callers with nearby shelter, housing and other storm-related details. Dial 2-1-1 or 888-892-1162. The information line is staffed around the clock to connect North Carolinians to storm resources.
- Governor Cooper's Press Release
- NCDHHS Release
- NCDHHS Warns Excessive Rains, Flooding May Cause Problem with Home Septic Systems
Helpful Links and Information Before, During and After Disaster Strikes
- FEMA Disaster Number for Florence: DR-4393. Click here for updates on the recover process via FEMA's website.
- Ready NC
- Flood Inundation Mapping and Alert Network
- North Carolina Flood Mapping Program
- National Weather Service
- DOT Traveler Information Management System
- Red Cross – Get Help
- North Carolina Voluntary Organizations Active in Disaster (NC VOAD)
- NC Department of Agriculture and Consumer Services established a toll-free hotline for agricultural emergencies: 1-866-645-9403. Farmers can also find recovery resources on the Department’s website: www.ncagr.gov/disaster
- NC Rural Center Information on Rapid Recovery Loans for Florence
- Coping After a Natural Disaster - Optum Health
- Click here for guidance from the NC Division of Emergency Management on Eligibility of Houses of Worship for FEMA Public Assistance Reimbursement
- Insurance Commissioner sets up Victim Assistance Centers
Power Outage Information
- Disaster Mental Health Resources List provided by NACo
- US Communities Disaster Services
- NACo Disaster Services
President Approves Request for an Emergency Declaration
Disaster-Related Contract Guidance
As counties bid disaster-related work, keep in mind that ALL contracts (purchase, service, construction, repair, architect and engineer services, etc.) in the amount of $10,000 or more must satisfy federal Uniform Guidance (Minority & Women-Owned Business Enterprises) outreach requirements. An easy way to satisfy this requirement is to post your bid solicitation on the NC Historically Underutilized Businesses (HUB) office website at the link below:
If you have any questions about the HUB website, please contact John Guenther with the NC HUB office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
More information to come as it is available